Crosby!

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Summer Vacation


Swimmin' Croz
Originally uploaded by enwudz
I loved the springtime, but so far, summer is even better because I get to go SWIMMING! I go swimming in the reservoir beach in town, splashing at the sprinkler park, and we just came back from vacation in NJ, where we had a whole week full of swimming in the pool, at the beach, and at the waterslide park. We've gone through 2 bottles of sunscreen in one month.

We should go on vacation more often. We got to see grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles and cousins, and I was the only toddler running around so I got LOTS of attention from everyone. And we went to a big party for Uncle Johnny's graduation from high school that was lots of fun too.

It's a long drive to New Jersey, and I can't fall asleep in the car the way I used to. I stayed up the entire time, until 1:00 AM, watching the headlights go by. On the way back home, I passed the time by calling out song requests from the back seat... "Squirrel Song! Jumpin' Josie song!" But Mom and Dad were getting tired of all those kiddie songs, so they switched to a grownup CD, but we never actually made it past Track 1. That's because Track 1 immediately became my new favorite. It was a Bach song played by Yo Yo Ma, but I just call it the "Cello Song". I asked to hear it at least 20 times in a row. Mom and Dad tried to skip to the other tracks, but they couldn't fool me. It's different than any other song I've ever heard. Since that road trip, I now request it every time we get in the car... "Cello song again!"

I gave Zipper lots of big hugs when we got back home from vacation. I missed him and I could tell he missed me too.

Besides swimming and cellos and cats, other recent favorite things include going on bike rides in my new seat that fits on Dad's bike, looking at all the plants in the backyard, painting pictures, playing with my lacing beads and sticker books and Mr. Potato Head, climbing ladders, and pretending to cook cookies in a saucepan. Yum.

3 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Tracy27 said...

Excellent update. Hooray for summer swimming!

What's the real name of the Cello Song?

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger enwudz said...

Bach Cello Suite #1 in G Major - it's the first song on this CD, which has lots of other stuff that we never get to listen to...

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Crosby is getting to be such a big guy!! We can't wait to see all of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home