Crosby!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Big Guy


Shoot or Pass
Originally uploaded by enwudz
I'm taller all of a sudden. Mom and Dad think I've grown two inches in the last two weeks, but we haven't been measuring so we can't know for sure. All I know is I can suddenly reach more things, and I can slam dunk a ball into Scooter's basketball net upstairs.

Today we went to music class. It's the highlight of my week, every Tuesday morning. We sing and dance and march, wave around ribbons and scarves, and play all sorts of drums and tamborines and bells and sticks and stuff.

I have a growing list of favorite songs that I like to specifically request now. "Horse Song! Dance Song!" "Doggie Song!" "Heart Song!" There's nothing like listening to the same song 10 times in a row.

Sometimes Mom worries about what I can or can't do now that I'm almost 2. I'm still not so great at using a spoon, but I'm great with a fork. I still refuse to hold a piece of food and take a bite (even a cookie!)... everything must be cut into bite-size pieces. But I can identify every fruit and veggie in my shopping cart and feed them to the Alligator puppet, who I call "A-go-go". I can't pronounce my name... it comes out "Da-dee", but I LOVE to spell it out loud: "C! R! O! S! B! Y!", which always gets big cheers from everybody. I can't dress or undress myself, but I can recite a good portion of Hop on Pop (in Crosby-language, of course). Oh well, I'm sure by the time I go to high school, I'll be able to put my jacket and shoes on by myself.

We had the best time this weekend. Grandma Vitale, Papa John, and Uncle Johnny came to visit, and they loved seeing all my new tricks. We went to the playground even though it was freezing and windy, and we played together all day long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home